Vision-Box® understands that privacy is important for our visitors. Moreover, we make it our concern because Vision-Box® understands the value of each individual’s privacy.
Vision-Box® (VISION BOX® – SOLUÇÕES DE VISÃO POR COMPUTADOR, S.A) is a leading provider of electronic identity solutions, intelligent security management, and Automated Border Control solutions, operating automated borders in many international airports, processing millions of passengers per year, and has thousands of electronic identity systems deployed across the globe.
- We use best practices and procedures regarding the compliance with privacy principles and the protection of personal data / personally identifiable information, accordingly with the rules established in the applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- At Vision-Box®, we look to be privacy proactive not reactive, thinking in privacy as the default setting and embedding it into the design and architecture of our products and business practices.
- We understand that security is important, but also visibility and transparency, which demonstrates our respect for our visitors and customer’s privacy.
- … COVERING
- “Processing” has a very broad meaning and includes everything that happens to personal data collected online.
- PERSONAL DATA / PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- Is intentionally a broad concept, but we can summarize it as information of any type, related to an individual who can be identified or identifiable, both directly and/or indirectly, by reference to that information.
- Examples of personal data / personally identifiable information are, name, an identification number, an IP address, the email address, etc.
- Personal data / personally identifiable information is being processed where information is collected and analysed with the intention of distinguishing one individual from another and to take a particular action in respect of an individual.
- THE CONTROLLER AND CATEGORIES OF DATA
- Vision-Box® is the data controller, that is, it is Vision-Box® who determines the purposes and means of the data processing, generally the data necessary for the provision of services and/or supply of products and for marketing purposes.
- With that purpose, Vision-Box® may process some data categories such as name, address, phone number and email address.
- Eventually, to provide you with a better navigation experience, a more personalized experience and to remember your profile without the need of a specific login, we might store on your device some short text files (cookies) and process your IP address.
- Remember that we will only process your personal data / personally identifiable information after and with your freely given, specific and informed consent.
- “Cookies” are some short text files, small pieces of data, stored in the browser, and every time you load the Vision-Box® site, your browser will send the “cookie” with you preferences back to our server to help us improve your navigation and have a better experience.
- Except when needed for any technical and/or access, or a service explicitly requested by you, Vision-Box® will only store “cookies” after you give us your explicit consent, for which we will provide you with clear and comprehensive information.
- “Cookies” are usedby Vision-Box® with respect for your anonymity and will not be used to collect any personal information nor used for marketing purposes.
- We recall you that you can disable “cookies” through your browser.
- HOW IS DATA COLLECTED
- We may collect your personal data / personally identifiable information, from many ways, such as:
- Through a contact form for enquiries, you will be asked to give us your consent to process your personal data / personally identifiable information there provided.
- Through a customer’s database, used to manage our commercial relationship and to get in touch when necessary.
- Through unique identifiers, such as user name and password, that are collected to assist in verifying the user’s identity and for use in establishing and identifying account numbers in our database and system.
- Through your visits to Vision-Box®‘s website, we may store your IP address.
- Be aware that some of the personal data / personally identifiable information might be required in order for Vision-Box® to provide the products and/or services in question, and in these situations, Vision-Box® will promptly inform you of the mandatory nature of the provision of the data in question.
- Personal data / personally identifiable information is processed in strict compliance with privacy and data protection legislation, and stored in a specific database created for this purpose and, in any situation the collected data will be used for any purpose other than that for which consent was given.
- DATA COLLECTION PURPOSES
- We may store both personal and non-personal information to provide you with a better experience, products and/or services, but also, to bill you for products and/or services requested, to market products and/or services that Vision-Box® believes may be of interest to you, and/or to communicate with you for other purposes now and in the future.
- In general, the data collected have as purpose the relationship management between you and Vision-Box®, regarding the provision of contracted services, to adapt the services to the customer’s needs and interests, marketing and information activities.
- However, we can also collect your personal data / personally identifiable information for other purposes, such as complaints and suggestions management, Vision-Box® institutional communication, awareness campaigns on promotions, advertising and news about Vision-Box® products and/or services, as to conduct market research and/or evaluation surveys.
- At the time of your data collection, you will be provided with more detailed information on the purposes that we will give to your data.
- DATA STORAGE DURATION
- The period of time during which the data is stored varies with the purpose for which the data is treated.
- There might exist some legal requirements that require the data to be stored for a minimum period. Thus, if there is no legal requirement specifying that minimum period, the data will be stored only the minimum period necessary for the purposes of its collection, processing, or, by the Portuguese Data Protection Authority approved period.
- After this, the data will be promptly eliminated.
- HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
- Accordingly, with privacy and data protection legislation, every data subject has, at his request, the right to access and obtain confirmation as to whether or not data relating to him are being processed, and information regarding to the purposes of such processing, the categories of data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data are disclosed.
- Also, at the time of exercising his right of access, the data subject has the right to obtain from the controller the appropriate rectification, erasure or blocking of data processing of which does not comply with the legal requirements, namely, consent and information requirements, in particular because of the incomplete or inaccurate nature of the data.
- To exercise your rights, please write us with your request for the contact below, providing us the necessary information to identify you as the data subject.
- At Vision-Box®, we have concerns regarding the protection and security of the data that we collect, which is why Vision-Box® is committed to ensure it by adopting and implementing strict rules in this area, binding those who legally access the data to comply with these same rules.
- Thus, Vision-Box® implemented technical and organizational measures to protect personal data/personally identifiable information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
- Those technical and organizational measures go from the encryption of data to the servers protected with physical and logic measures, having in attention the state of the art to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks represented by the processing and the nature of the data.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA / PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- Vision-Box®, as part of its activity, may use third parties to provide certain services that may require the access to personal data / personally identifiable information, remaining Vision-Box® as the data controller.
- Vision-Box® takes the necessary and appropriate precautions to ensure that these third parties are reputable and offer the highest guarantees, establishing their duties and responsibilities in contract by which they commit to take and implement the appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to protect the personal data / personally identifiable information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
- If Vision-Box® has to communicate personal data/personally identifiable information to third parties, in particular due to the fulfilment of any legal or obligation, Vision-Box® will promptly inform you of it with information regarding the identity of the recipients and the processing purpose of the transferred data.
- TRANSFERS OF DATA
- The implementation and provision of certain services by Vision-Box® may involve the transfer of your personal data / personally identifiable information to other countries, in which case Vision-Box® will observe the applicable legal provisions, in particular, in determining if the third country in question ensures an adequate level of protection.
- As part of the Vision-Box®‘s commitment, Vision-Box® will not transfer, under any circumstances, your personal data / personally identifiable information to countries that do not offer any protection and security guarantees.
Rua Casal do Canas n.2
Zona Industrial de Alfragide
Last reviewed and updated at 01, January 2015.
©Vision-Box®, S.A., 2007-2015. All rights reserved. Total or partial reproduction prohibited